It’s a New School Year!
For the best professional development this year, start twittering and get a strangle hold of your RSS feed/Reader. I find Google Reader the easiest. If you already have a gmail account, you are pretty much set.
(video link here)
Everyone asks me for good blogs to follow in order to get information, tools and ideas etc. Some of my choices are:
- The Art Teacher’s Guide to the Internet
- The Carrot Revolution
- The Teaching Palette
- Modern Art for Kids
Art/Design/Culture Related Blogs:
- Art Threat: a web magazine about politics and the arts. They write about political art of all genres, discuss policy as it pertains to culture, and showcase artists whose work inspires social change.
- Better Posters: a resource for improving poster presentations.
- Drawn!: an illustration and cartoon blog.
- Hongkiat: tips for tech users, designers and bloggers.
- IllustrationClass.com: provides info on the illustrative design process.
- Jilian Tamaki Sketchbook: An online collection of doodles, sketchbook work, and occasional process sketches.
- Just Creative Design: offers tips on graphic, web and logo design.
- Presentation Zen: Garr Reynolds giving tips on design for better presentations.
- Slide:ology: Design blog
- Smashing Magazine: Offers advice, tutorials and inspiration on design and technology.
- Toxel: Offers great thematic pictures on culture, graphic design, art and lifestyle.
- WebUrbanist: Offers pics on urban design, culture, travel, architecture and alternative art.
- Digital Ethnography: a Kansas State University working group led by Dr. Michael Wesch dedicated to exploring and extending the possibilities of digital ethnography.
- eLeaning Infusion: some good information here especially if your considering using digital portfolios.
- Free Technology for Teachers: (the title should say it all)
- Moving at the Speed of Creativity: Wes Fryer’s blog
- Remote Access: Clarence Fisher’s blog
- The Thinking Stick: Jeff Utecht’s blog
I hope this helps and you find what you are looking for. I’d love to hear any other recommendations you might have as well.
Tags : Art Education, Blogging, Classroom Resources, Education, Google Reader, RSS, Social Networking, Technology & Education
Categories : Art & Design, Art Education Resources, Classroom Resources, Education, Technology